Friday, December 6, 2013

Good Things Utah and Almond Butter Puffs

 


So Britney and I had a lot of fun this morning. We were on "Good thing Utah". We shared this recipe with them and talked a little bit about our cookbook and grains. They were fun to talk to and pleasant to be around. It was a fun new adventure being on TV. Britney had done it before with a cookbook. I had never done it. We are having fun experiencing and learning new things. It is wonderful to help people learn some of the things we have learned about grains and eating healthier.  We will put up the link from the show once it is available. Have a great weekend.  
   
When I was young we used to make some yummy treats called "peanut butter puffs." They had peanut butter, special K cereal, sugar, and corn syrup. It brings back many happy memories. :) I would guess you have had something similar. Well I wanted to make a healthier version of them, and I was very happy with the end result. I caught my son eating some as well, so that must mean they were good. :) It is nice to have them for a yummy snack. They are quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:
1/2 C almond butter
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
*granola (to roll them in) optional
*You could also add raisins, chocolate chips, coconut, etc..)

Directions:
1. In a bowl mix the almond butter, honey, and oatmeal together until it is all combined. Then stir in the vanilla. (You could add chips, coconut, seeds, or raisins.)

2. Form the batter into small balls. Then roll in granola. (Or coconut!) Eat them or save them for later in an air tight container or bag in the fridge or freezer.

Enjoy! I already need to make another batch of them.

* Here is an update a new variation to this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment