Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chocolate Almond Puffs (Raw)


I loved this recipe so much. I have been thinking about new variations that would be good. I made these last night and they turned out wonderful. I loved leaving a little texture to them. I don't like crunchy peanut butter, but I do like crunchy almond butter in things. I have found that not all almond butter is equal. I really like the Kettle brand almond butter. I have made some from scratch before, but I need to perfect that recipe.

I was just recently reading an article that talked about the benefits of dark chocolate, almond butter and coconut oil. So this recipe is loaded with some nutritional foods.

I store them in an airtight container in the fridge and they are ready for a quick and easy snack. :) 

Ingredients: makes about 8

1/2 C crunchy almond butter
1/4 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 extra dark chocolate chips
2 T coconut oil
1/2 tsp almond flavoring

Directions:
1. Put all the ingredients in blender. Blend a couple minutes and stir. Continue this process until you get to desired consistency.
2. Dump into a bowl. Then form into balls. Eat or put in an airtight container and store in fridge or freezer for a quick snack. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment