Thursday, December 12, 2013

Delicious Soft Serve Spinach Ice Cream (Tastes like pistachio Ice Cream)

I was so excited to discover this recipe. Pistachio ice cream is one of my Favorite ice creams. I think some of the reason are I used to buy it at Thrifty ice cream as a child and an adult. It brings back lot of fun memories. My husband and I also enjoyed fresh homemade pistachio ice cream when we were in Maine. It was divine. It is fun how eating certain foods can bring back a flood of happy memories.  

So I made this it took me back to those memories. It was sooo yummy. I loved it. It is a new favorite treat. Serve to friends, and family they will have no idea they are eating spinach. It is a pretty color for the holidays. A high power blender is probably needed to have it turn out the best. (My son even came back for seconds.)

Ingredients serves 1-4 depending on size

1 C almond milk (cold)
1/2 frozen banana
2 C raw spinach washed
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 tsp almond extract
2 C ice cubes

Directions

1.In the blender put ingredients as listed on the recipe. Blend and pulse until it is nice and creamy. You may have to stir it in the middle of the blending time.
2. Serve at once. Yum! DELICIOUS

2 comments:

  1. I may try this but sub avocado for the banana. I dislike bananas and I've made avocado shakes that taste similar to pistachio ice cream.

    ReplyDelete