|Pumpkin Cake or Bread|
Ingredients (I doubled this recipe for this big cake. This recipe makes two loaves)
15 0z can of pumpkin (Cook till equals out to 1 1/2 C after heating it)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C honey
1/4 C coconut oil
1/4 C buttermilk
2 C spelt flour or whole grain flour of your choice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking sodaoptional* powdered sugar and water drizzled on top
Directions Heat oven to 350
1. Place on stove a large pot. Turn to medium heat. Pour in pumpkin and spices and stir. Helping to reduce the water out of the pumpkin. It should take about 3-5 min.
2. Take off the heat. You can mix the rest of ingredients into the pot. Stir in the honey, oil. and milk. Stir until blended.
3. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Blend well.
4. Pour in the dry ingredients. Stir just until all blended. Make sure all of it gets mixed in at the bottom. 5. Pour the batter into a greased pan. This recipe will make 2 loaves.
6. Place in hot oven. Bake 40- 50 min. Toothpick will come out with only a few crumbs on it when done. Take out of the pan or pans and let cool.
7. Optional* You can mix about 1/2 C powdered sugar and a couple tablespoons of water until it gets to the desired consistency. Drizzle over the top. Serve. (I love eating it warm) Happy Halloween!