Friday, October 18, 2013

Healthy Fried Brown Rice with Vegetables

Last Sunday I had a craving for fried rice and this recipe was fast and easy.. It was a great way to get my family to eat vegetables because it was tasty and looked appetizing. You could get creative and add some more vegetables and you could also add some meat if desired. It was all gone by the end of the meal. I hope you are doing something fun this weekend. I am enjoying some time with a couple of my grandsons.

Ingredients 
3 green onions chopped or 1/3 of purple onion chopped finely
3 T Grapeseed oil
2 zucchini chopped up small (add other vegetables too)
1-2 T Grapeseed oil
3 eggs
dash of salt
1 T light soy sauce
4-5 C cooked brown rice
salt and pepper to taste
Sweet and sour sauce for topping

Directions:
1. In a bowl beat the eggs with the salt.
2. In a frying pan or wok heat up the oil.
3. Pour the vegetables into the hot oil. Stir and cook about 2 to 3 min. (Until softened) Take out of the pan and set a side. Keep cover and hot.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and scramble the eggs.
5. Pour in the cooked rice in with the eggs. Add the soy sauce. Toss in the vegetables.
6. You can serve hot or cold. We enjoyed sweet and sour sauce on it. I think next time I am going to stir in some cooked shrimp. Yum!
   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment