here. There are so many fun ways to use these jars. Well I continue to love them. I found these darling 4 oz jars today, and couldn't pass them up. The cool thing is you can pack individual servings in them, and have them ready to go in the fridge when you want them. I love them. You are going to be seeing a lot more of these around here. :)
I love this blueberry compote. You could make it with any kind of berries, boysenberries, marionberries, raspberries etc.. I think it taste great alone or on waffles, in yogurt, on pancakes, or waffles, ice cream, with a dab of whip cream, or in this crumble. The great idea is to have it made ahead of time so it is ready to go. Just store it in the fridge. You could just buy plain yogurt and throw this compote on top too. Yum!
I made it into a crumble today that could be eaten for a quick breakfast or as a snack or as a dessert. You make up extras and have them in the fridge.
2 C frozen blueberries
2 T water
3 T honey
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1/4 C oat flour
2 T honey
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
3 T coconut oil
Directions (makes 8- 4oz cups)
1. In a small sauce pan heat to med low heat. Pour in 1 C of the berries, water, honey and lemon juice and zest. Cook for about 8 min. Then stir in the remaining 1 C of blueberries and heat for about 6-8 min. Take off the heat. Set aside.
2. Put all the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and use a pastry blender or a fork and combine all of it till it is all moistened and crumbly. Heat oven to 350.
3. Put about 1 T of crumble in the jar. (You could use a small ramkin too) Proceed to press down 1 T into each containter. Then pour 1 1/2 T of compote on top of the crumble in each jar.
4. Sprinkle remaing crumble on top of all of them.
5. Place jars on a cookie sheet for easier handling. Place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake about 8-10 min until it starts to thicken and the crumble turns slightly golden.
6. Take out and serve warm or store in the fridge for later use. Let them cool before you put them in the fridge. Yum! (My Children enjoyed it with a scoop of ice cream.)