Friday, July 26, 2013

Healthy Sweet Pocket of Raspberry Jam Muffins (wholegrain)



What are you doing to enjoy your Summer. I having been on a mission to do something fun each day, before Summer vacation is over. Sometimes at the end of Summer I think of all the things that I wish I had done. So that is why I am working on doing something fun each day. It has been a lot of fun. I have created some impromptu gatherings that have been a lot of fun. It has been fun to enjoy family time and the great outdoors. I love to soak up all the outside time that I can. So what do you do in the Summer time when all the world is green ..? (from a song I sang at church when I was younger.) It has been fun to get peoples responses. Make the most of Summer it is slipping by way too fast.

I found a version of this recipe in a magazine and changed it up to make it healthy. It was a great way to use this. The berries tasted great in them. You could use any kind of berries. It had been a while since I had made muffins. It was a nice treat. 

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 T honey (More if you want sweeter)
3/4 C of rice milk or any kind of milk
1/4 C coconut oil
2 C spelt flour
2 1/2  tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1 1/4 C raspberries (replace with any kind of berry)
1/2 C raspberries preserves all fruit. (You could use any kind of berry)

Directions: Heat oven to 375  makes 12
1.Beat together in a bowl eggs, honey, milk and oil. Set aside 
2. Pour into a new bowl flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the wet mixture. 
3. Fold in berries until just mixed.
4. Scoop out one cup of batter and set aside.
5. Grease muffin tins. Pour in the remaining batter into the cups evenly distributing. 
6. Pour 1 tsp of preserves into the center of each muffin tin on top of the batter.
7. Then evenly distribute the 1 cup of batter on top of all the muffins. 
8. Place in hot oven and bake for 15 to 20 min. Cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment