Monday, June 17, 2013

Raspberry Mango Almond Coconut Crumble (gluten free)

Crumble
Yummy with a little ice cream
It is that wonderful time of year you can buy fresh raspberries. I love fresh raspberries. I found this recipe in the magazine and changed it a little. It was a yummy combination. It tasted great with a little natural vanilla ice cream. It also tasted good alone. I had some for lunch. :)
 I hope you got to honor the fathers in your life this weekend. My husband and I had both of Dads for dinner and one daughter. That was a nice treat. All of our other children were out of state. We missed them but, we had a very nice day.  I am surrounded by wonderful men in my life and I am grateful for that.

Ingredients:
2 fresh mangoes peeled and chopped up
4 T old fashioned oatmeal
4 T almond meal (ground up almonds)
3 C fresh raspberries
1/4 tsp almond extract
zest and juice from 1 lime
topping:
2/3 C unsweetened flakes coconut
1/2 C chopped almonds
5 T almond meal
5 T brown sugar or honey
1 T coconut oil
top off with dollop of cream or ice cream
and fresh raspberries

Directions: Serves 6 to 8. 

1. Heat oven to 400. Great and 8 X 8 pan.

2. In a bowl stir together gently the first 6 ingredients. Pour into greased pan.

3. In a small bowl fold together the topping with a fork. Spread on top of the filling.

4. Place in oven.  Bake for 10 min. Then cover with foil loosely and let it cook another 30 min.

5. Serve in bowls and eat plain or serve with ice cream or whipped cream and top with some more berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment