Wednesday, February 6, 2013
I made these the other day for my sons lunch. He was skeptical. Since he had never had them before.With all the experimenting I do. I understand why he might be. He was pleased how they tasted. It is hard to go wrong with Mexican food. It is one of my top picks to eat.
These come together really easy. I have found that it is handy to cook extra chicken when I am making it for something. Then I shred it and put the extra in the freezer. Then it is fast and easy to use.
3 tomatoes cut up
small handful of washed cilantro
1/2 of an onion dice
1/2 jalapeno diced small
juice from one lime
salt and pepper to taste
1 C cooked shredded chicken
1/2 C cheese (I used jack)
1 dozen corn tortillas
oil (I used grapeseed oil)
topping options: cheese black beans rice, guacamole, salsa, cilantro
1. Stir all the ingredients for salsa in a bowl. and then set aside.
2. Soften tortillas with a little water. (You could sprinkle with water and soften 1 min. in the microwave.) Lay out flat place a small spoonful of chicken and a spoonful of cheese on to the tortilla. roll up tight. Place on a plate seam down until all of them are rolled.
3. Heat oil to medium high heat. I did just enough to cover the bottom. I did not want to deep fry them.
4. Place rolled tortilla seam down. and cook to lightly golden then roll over and cook the other side till lightly golden. Place on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
5. Then serve on a plate with salsa and your other favorite toppings. :)