Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yummy Chocolate Orange Truffles

Ahhh theses will help satisfy your sweet tooth. I was making things fourth my daughters birthday yesterday. She loves little chocolate treats so I decided to make these. These truffles are super easy, and a rich smooth sweet treat. They fit the bill nicely.l I think it is a great way to have a sweet without going too far over the top. The orange in them was a nice change from the normal chocolates.I think you would be hard pressed to find store bought truffles with as few ingredients. My friend Kimberly gave me this recipe about 20 years ago. Thank you Kimberly for sharing this. Yum! Enjoy! 

Ingredients:
1/ 3 C of heavy cream
1/4 C butter
6 oz  of dark or semisweet chocolate chips  
2-3 T orange zest
1 t orange extract
 dippings: ground nuts, pecans, almonds, pistachio or walnuts
unsweetened cocoa powder or powdered sugar
Directions: makes about 12
1. Over a low heat in a medium sauce pan, stir cream, butter and chocolate. Stir until it is melted.
2. Take off the heat and stir in zest and extract.
3. Pour it into a shallow baking dish. Chill in the fridge 40 min at least.
4.Then scoop out chocolate and form into balls with your hands.
5. Roll into your favorite dipping choice. Serve or store in fridge till ready. :)      


No comments:

Post a Comment