Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Whole Grain Buttermilk Waffles

Beautiful world!
Yummy waffles
I hope that you like me are getting to enjoy the colors this time of year. I am amazed each year how pretty they are. These are some trees I saw this weekend. I loved the color of them. I was out on errands yesterday and there were so many pretty colors all around it was wonderful. :) We live in a beautiful world.

We found another great waffle recipe. I loved how they turned out crispy and not soggy. This picture turned out to be a fun one. We captured the powdered sugar falling on the the waffle. I love it! It was nice to have them whole grain and very tasty. They are easy to make too.   

Ingredients:
1 3/4 C buttermilk (I used milk and added 1 3/4 T vinegar)
2 eggs separated
1 pinch of cream of tarter
4 T oil (I used grape seed oil)
3 T maple syrup or honey  
2 C whole grain flour ( I used 1 C kamut and 1 C spelt)
toppings of choice
non stick spray

Directions: Heat waffle iron
1. Beat milk and egg yolks, oil and syrup together. In another bowl beat eggs whites with a wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in the cream of tarter. They should get nice and foamy in a couple minutes.

2. Stir in the flour to the egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the egg whites until all combined.

3. Grease waffle iron. Pour batter into iron. Cook according to your iron directions.

4. Serve while they are nice and hot. .

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. mmm these pictures are gorgeous and these waffles sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete