Monday, June 4, 2012

Greek Lemon Yogurt with Berries

I hope that you had a good weekend. I had a very nice one. The weather has been so nice here that I can't get enough of it. I wish it could always be like this. :) My daughter that just graduated left for a 3 week church trip, and then she is off to college. She is moving on to adulthood. It still doesn't really seem real. I will miss having her around, but I am very excited for her at the same time.  

I have always loved lemon yogurt. The downside is that I look at the ones that are in the store and they have a lot of additives so I thought I could make my own today. It was delish! It is hard to go wrong when you making something with lemons. Oh, I love the smell of lemon zest!


Ingredients:

1 C Greek plain yogurt
1 to 2 T honey
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3/4 C berries
1 T honey
1/4 C water
topping: more berries, granola, oatmeal, lemon zest


Directions:

1. Mix the yogurt, honey, zest, lemon juice together. Set aside
2. In a saucepan stir berries, honey and water on med low cook until it thickens. Take off the stove and let cool off.
3. Scoop yogurt into a bowl. Pour on the berries.
4. For additional topping you can add more fresh berries, lemon zest, granola, or raw oatmeal. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment