Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Make Your own Cheese Ball

This picture reminds me of a song I sang as a child the "Farmer in the Dell". ... Hi ho the dairy oh the cheese stands alone....." It is fun many years later to have this song pop into my head. It brings back happy memories from childhood. :)

I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful New Year! It is refreshing to think of new opportunities and experiences that are ahead in a new year. It is also fun to think of new things to accomplish. It is renewal time for me. I hope it is for you as well. :) Our numbers have gone down after having family home for the holidays. We had a nice season.

This was a yummy cheese ball that I made for my family. It got gobbled up fast. I enjoyed making a cheese ball on my on own for at least a third of the cost of buying it at the store. It was super easy as well. You could enjoy it with crackers, tortillas or vegetables. Great after school snack too.

Ingredients:

1 80z pkg of * Neufchatel cheese or Yogurt cheese

1/2 tsp sea salt with iodine

1/2 tsp basil dried or fresh

1/2 tsp marjoram dried or fresh

1/2 tsp thyme dried or fresh

1/4 tsp chili powder

1/2 C chopped up cilantro

or what ever herbs you love

1/2 C. crushed nuts (I used almonds)



Directions:

1. Soften cream cheese. I just let it sit in the warm window seal for a little while.

2. Put cheese in bowl along with herbs. Stir until it is all incorporated. Roll it into a ball. You can put in the fridge for a little while to get it to harden. It works without doing this step.

3. Pour nuts on wax paper and spread out or put them in a bowl. Roll the ball until completely covered.

4. You can serve immediately or store covered until ready to eat. Enjoy! :)

*Neufchatel Cheese is a lower in fat option.



No comments:

Post a Comment