Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Healthy Zucchini Wholegrain Bars


This was another great way to use your zucchini. It could be called a cake as well. You could also put it in a bread pan and call it bread. You can use the name that best fits the occasion. It would be great for breakfast. I sent some in my children's lunches today. :) It is always exciting when I taste that first bite and it tastes really good. They turned out really moist. It reminded me of this recipe. I recently bought a 13x9 stoneware pan. I had been told from a friend that stoneware makes whole grains turn out better, when they are cooked in stoneware. I have been very pleased with the results.

Ingredients:

3 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
1 T baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg * optional
2 eggs
2 1/2 C coarsely grated zucchini
1 C honey
1/2 C coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped nuts *optional

Directions: Heat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 pan or pan of your choosing.

1. Measure and pour all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk together.

2. In a separate bowl beat together the remaining ingredients. Then slowly add the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.

3. Pour into greased pan. Bake until a light golden and cooked all the way through. About 20-25 min.

2 comments:

  1. I got some stoneware loaf pans for my wedding and I just love them. Everything seems to bake so evenly in them. I love zucchini bread, so I think I would love these bars. I've just started cooking with coconut oil and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will have to try the loaf pans next. :)

    ReplyDelete