Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moist Old Fashioned Oatmeal Bars for Breakast

I have fond memories of making oatmeal cake when I was younger. It was fun to make and tasted so good. So I saw this recipe and got excited. I changed it to make healthier a lot less sugar, and another healthier thing was leaving off the frosting. :) I didn't even miss it. Oatmeal is such a wonderful grain. I think It is my favorite, and it is so good for you. :)

I had the thought this is like a bowl of oatmeal, It has all the great things that a bowl of oatmeal has in it. Just add some fruit, and a drink of milk, or a handful of nuts, and you have a complete meal. I actually added apples to it, so you get some fruit inside as well. It would make a healthy snack, or be in place of dessert. You could make it the night before, and it would be all ready to go. My daughter and grandson came over, and loved it. It is fun to have taste testers. It is very moist.

Ingredients:

1 C Oatmeal
1 1/2 C boiling water
1/3 C coconut oil
2/3 C honey
2 eggs
1 1/2 C whole grain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C shredded coconut
1 small apple grated

Directions: Serves 12 or more

1. In a sauce pan boil water. Take off the heat pour in the oatmeal and let it sit for 15 min.

2. Cream oil, honey, and egg. Then add the oatmeal,flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, coconut and apple. Don't over mix.

3. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 min., or till done.

(You could add nuts, or another kind of fruit in there too.) Enjoy today, it will never be here again. :)

* Try these yummy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
*Try these yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Refrigerator Cookies
*Try these Moist Oatmeal Fruit Bars
*Try these Chewy Almond Butter Quinoa Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment