Friday, July 1, 2011

Tropical Salsa


I have made another salsa with Mango in it, that you will find here. This one had a different mix. It tasted great with chips. It would also be wonderful with chicken or fish. I ate the leftovers for lunch with brown rice. It made a great lunch. It was a nice variation to the normal salsa. I have a lot of wonderful mangos right now, so I can make it again.

Ingredients:
5 ripe mangos diced
1/2 fresh pineapple diced
1 med. jalapeno pepper deseeded cut tiny pieces
1 small onion diced or you could use a red onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 small bunch green onion chopped small
5 T fresh cilantro chopped
2 T lime zest (smelled wonderful) :)
2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
1 to 2 T honey *optional
add coarse salt to taste preference.


Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. You can then serve or refrigerate covered for an hour.

Have a nice safe 4th of July Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. It will definitely be a big hit at our house. I've been buying a mango every week lately when I'm shopping, just in case inspiration likes this comes my way. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we LOVE mango salsa. now i just need to be brave and try making some on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! I had 14 of them, so it has been fun putting them to use.:) It is a wonderful treat to eat a ripe mango. :)

    ReplyDelete