Friday, June 10, 2011

Honey Seasame Chicken with Whole Grains


It is fun to have another weekend to look forward to. I love this time of year. We get to be a part of 2 weddings. I think it is wonderful, to see couples happy and, getting married. It will be a great weekend. I hope that you have a great one as well.

This was an interesting post you may want to look at, if you haven't already. Also I thought this was an interesting way to eat buckwheat. It is fun to find new ways to eat it.

We enjoyed this meal for dinner. I mixed buckwheat with brown rice to mix it up a little. It was a nice variation. I make a little extra, and then put it in a container for my husbands lunch.

Ingredients:

2 lbs chicken tenders
2 T coconut oil
4 green onions chopped up (I have these in my garden, it is so handy.)
1/2 C honey
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 C water
2 T sesame seeds (You could toast seeds in a skillet prior to adding to the chicken)

1 1/2 C brown rice
1/2 C buckwheat
4 C water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Heat a skillet then add oil. Add the chicken till light golden. Then add the onions, honey, salt, garlic powder, sesame seeds, and water. Let it cook together for 5-10 min on med. low, so all the flavors can combine nicely.

2. Cook rice, and buckwheat, or just rice. I cooked it in my pressure cooker for 17 min.

3. Then put the rice mixture on a plate, and pour the chicken mixture on top.

The combination of the chicken with the honey was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment