Tuesday, June 7, 2011

German Whole Grain Pancakes

I had a couple of my daughters come home for the night. I thought it would be fun to make them breakfast before they left in the morning. So I came up with this healthy version of German pancakes. It was fun because one of my daughters that was visiting used to make them when she lived at home. It was a quick easy breakfast. Tasty too. I had a few left over, so I cut them up and put them away in the fridge. They made a nice snack for later.

Ingredients:
1/4 C butter
9 eggs
1 1/2 C whole grain flour or some white flour
1 1/2 C milk or kefir
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Buttermilk syrup
Fruit toppings

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400

2. Put butter in 9x13 glass pan. While oven is preheating put pan in the oven. For butter to melt.
Don't let the butter burn.

3. In your blender pour in the eggs, flour, milk, cinnamon and salt. Blend about 2 min.

4. Take the pan out of the oven, and pour the batter over the melted butter. Bake 20 to 25 min.

5. Serve with the fruit, and honey almond buttermilk syrup. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment