Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tasty Homemade Hamburgers

Put your mouth around that one!

It was was youngest sons birthday yesterday. He is 15 years old. My baby is far from being a baby. My family is growing up. It is all good. It is a wonderful time of life. I decided to make one of his favorite meals, homemade hamburgers. I have found that the pre-made patties are not as good. as the ones you make yourself. I also like adding a little extra to the meat. This is the recipe I did last night. I need to make homemade buns next time. I was not thrilled with the selection, that was at the store I went to. It is hard to find buns that are truly wholegrain.

Ingredients: Made 16 patties you can cut recipe in half.

2 C whole grain bread crumbs (3 pieces of toast and then put in the blender a couple of min.)
1 1b natural ground turkey chub 85-15
3 lbs natural lean ground beef 93-7
1 egg beaten
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp steak seasoning
3 T dried onion minced
3 T worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Directions:

1. In a big bowl combine all the ingredients together, until all combined.

2. Heat up the barbecue

3. Form the meat into patties. Cook on the barbecue. I have found the best way to keep them juicy is to only cook them on each side once. Make sure it has cooked enough inside. I put a small slice of cheese on too.

4. Put on your favorite toppings. Barbecue season is here! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment