Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing

I hope everyone enjoyed a nice 3 day weekend. It feels like Summer is right around the corner. Our schools are out this week. It is a happy time of year. I am soaking in the sunshine today. Everything always looks better with blue sky and sunshine. :)

It has been fun to make my own salad dressings. It is fun to have a lot more variety. Instead of pulling out the same bottles over and over again. It is healthier too. My family enjoys Caesar salad so, I made it over the weekend. I found a recipe from weight watchers and did a few changes. One thing I have found works best, is to let people pour on their own dressing. If there is left over salad, it will stay fresher longer without the dressing on it.

Ingredients:

4 cloves of minced garlic
1 T mustard (spicy brown) or Dijon
1 T vinegar
2 T mayonnaise (with olive oil)
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper (freshly ground would be wonderful)
1 tsp lemon juice

2 to 3 Romain stalks broken into small pieces
5 to 6 cut up green onions chopped small pieces
croutons *optional
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (I put it on the table)

Directions:

1. Pour all the ingredients for the dressing in the blender. Blend 2 to 3 min. It would probably enhance the flavor if you chilled it for 30 min. I served it immediately, either way works.

2. Prepare the lettuce and onions. Serve and let people pour on their own dressing. Top it with some Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment