Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries with Herbs

My friend Melinda gave me a new way to make sweet potato fries. (I love hearing other peoples ideas. =) She said you could also use this mixture on squash and other kinds of potatoes too. I loved the smell of all the herbs. It was fun to use Oregano too! They added a wonderful flavor. I appreciated my husband cutting all the sweet potatoes. He does such a nice job. I like him being in the kitchen with me. Sorry I only have a before picture. I love to find new ways to eat vegetables.


Ingredients:
5-6 sweet potatoes or squash
4 minced garlic
1/2 C olive oil
1 C apple cider vinegar (I may cut this down a tad next time. I did like it!)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper

Directions: Heat oven to 350

1. Slice up potatoes in julienne pieces. 1/4' wide by 3 to 4 " long (roughly).

2. Mix in a bowl, with a whisk: oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.

3. Dip all the potatoes into the mixture. Place on cookie sheet. Single layer. Cover with foil for the first 30 min. Then take off the foil and cook another 30 min. Depending on your oven. Keep an eye on them.

4. Serve! Enjoy a nice healthy treat!

*Thanks Melinda for all of your great ideas! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment