Tuesday, March 8, 2011

6 Grain Rolled Oats Granola Bars



I am always looking for new ways to use oatmeal and nuts. Some of my favorite things to eat. I have been looking for a better way to make granola bars. I really liked these. In fact a little too much. =)

They are great wrapped up, so you can pack them for lunches or snacks. They are already to grab.

Ingredients:

3/4 C honey
1/2 C coconut oil
1 1/2 to 2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C sesame seeds
3 C 6 grain rolled oats or oatmeal
1 C almonds chopped
1/2 C pumpkin seeds
1/2 C unsweetened coconut
1/4 C ground flax seed
1 tsp almond extract :)
optional* choc. chips or dried fruit

Directions:

1. In a pot on the stove on med heat, pour in honey, oil and cinnamon. Stir until all combined for 5 min. (I wanted it to thicken) .

2. Then pour in the remaining ingredients. except for almond extract. Stir on med low for another 3-5 min.

3. Then put on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or greased. Then press it down with a spatula. I put into the fridge to harden up.

4. Cut into granola size bars. Wrap in plastic. Store in the fridge till ready to eat! Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment