Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nuts and Oats Healthy Snack

Oh this is so yummy! I love nut chews that you get in the store. I really enjoy eating a mix of nuts. So I made my own mix with out all the additives. This tasted really good plain, but you could mix it with yogurt, cooked oatmeal, fruit, kefir and the list goes on....:)

Ingredients:
1 C mixed cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (chopped up not too small.)
3 Brazil nuts chopped
1 T honey
1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon
2 T oatmeal
*optional 2 T ground flax or chia (I will try them next time)


Directions:

1. I chopped all the nuts in a food processor, with the oatmeal. They were still in small chunks.

2. Then pour into small pot on the stove, mix in the honey and the cinnamon. I cooked it till it started to stick together well, for a few minutes. You can decide how long you cook it depending on how hard you want it.

3. Then you can just eat as is, like granola, or press down into a pan, and then cut it up , or roll into balls. Whatever way you decide you can enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this informative article. Dried fruits and are very healthy for health. If you want to buy nuts then check dried fruits near me

    ReplyDelete