Sunday, December 5, 2010

Swedish Pancakes or Crepes

This is a family tradition to make these for Christmas morning. We end up having them other times of the year as well. Today being one of them. I have done all whole grains or half white and half wheat or mixed grains. Today my son made them, and he made them all white. That is usually against the rules. When they make cookies and other baked goods. My rule is usually 1/2 and 1/2 but I let him bend the rule this time. This was his first time making them, and he did great. All on his own. He is becoming quite the chef. They can be frozen in zip locks (I would separate them with waxed paper or something along that line.) and eaten later. It is fun to have foods that have memories connected with them. This tradition was started by my in-laws and we are continuing it. What are your fun holiday traditions? I would love to hear about them. =)

Ingredients: (Should make at least 20 or more)

5 eggs
1 qt or 4 C milk
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 C flour (You could do 1/2 whole grain)

Toppings we like you can pick your favorite:
Blueberries
Strawberries (cut up)
bananas (cut up)
powdered sugar
peaches (cut up)
and....


Directions:

1. Beat the eggs and milk together and then beat in the dry ingredients. It will be a runny mixture. You don't want it thick like pancakes.

2. Then heat up an 8" skillet. Grease with non stick spray or a little oil. Pour in about 1/4 C of batter after the pan is completely heated. Let it cook on one side until starts to bubble then flip over. My husband and father in law can flip it without a spatula. I haven't gotten that good. My husband is the master chef. Sometimes the first one doesn't work. You could do multiple pans at a time. Then you get more done at the same time. :) For the hungry crowd.

Hope you enjoy. It has created a lot of fun memories for us. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment