Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vegetable Whole Grain Pasta

This was a yummy healthy dinner.
This is an easy meal with all the vegetables that are available right now, in your stores or your garden. :). I got the tomatoes from my garden.
I put all the vegetables in the frying pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil .


Ingredients
Whole Wheat Blend Pasta Rotini 13.25 oz (6 grams of fiber Oh yes!)
3 T Olive Oil
3-4 Roma Tomatoes Chopped up
1/2 Onion Chopped up into small pieces
1 Pieces and Stems of Mushrooms 8 oz or fresh
1 Zucchini chopped up
1 handful of fresh Spinach Leaves
3-4 Basil Leaves fresh or 2 tsp dry
1 tsp marjoram
salt, pepper and garlic (whatever other spices you choose as well)
Parmesan Cheese fresh or canned (The fresh is worth it)
Optional * chicken or bacon pieces (I had a couple small pieces of chicken I cut up)

1. I used the whole box of pasta. Follow the package directions. Cook till the pasta is tender. Drain out all the water.

2. Cut up all of the vegetables. I put the onions. mushrooms, zucchini, spices, and tomatoes in a frying pan with the olive oil. Saute a few minutes. I put the lid on a few minutes. Let the vegetables soften. May want to stir it a couple times while its cooking. Take off the stove.

3. I mixed the pasta with the cooked vegetables, then tore up spinach into smaller pieces and mixed in with pasta mixture. *(I added a little bit of cooked chicken too. It really doesn't need it.) I put the lid on for a few minutes. (Off the stove) Just to let the spinach warm up slightly.

4. Grate Parmesan Cheese over the Pasta. (I used my zester)

It tasted Wonderful !

No comments:

Post a Comment