Friday, September 3, 2010

Pizza Pinwheels

These were so fun to make. It was such a pay day to have my son open the oven and have him so excited to see what was cooking. Yeah! These were put together like a cinnamon roll. I made up half of them and put them in the freezer Uncooked. In zip lock bags. (Already sliced in pinwheels) Then they can be cooked fast for a lunch, snack or dinner. :) They were a nice change.

Heat oven to 400 (You want the oven to be hot)
Pizza dough
4 C Warm Water
2 T Yeast
10 C Spelt Flour or Wheat (Spelt 5 C. buckwheat 1 C, Brown Rice 1C, Kamut 2 C )
1 T Xagave or Sugar
1/2 T Salt
2 T Olive Oil

Your favorite pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice
Topping of your choice.

1. Mix together Warm water and yeast, Xagave. Let sit for 5 min to let the yeast grow. Then add flour, salt and olive oil. Add enough flour till it no longer sticks to side of the bowl. Let the dough sit in the bowl 5 min. I put oil on my hands and on the counter. I divided the dough in half and rolled it out in a long rectangle. 1/2 " thick. (similar to how you roll out cinnamon rolls)

2. I then spread on the the pizza sauce. (I had blended in some vegetables into the sauce in the blender and ground them up. (No one knows they are there. :)

3. Then spread on some cheese. Not too thick. You could add some topping too.

4. Then roll starting on the wide end. Like you would for cinnamon rolls.

5. I cut them up in about 1 to 1 1/2" wide. I then put them on a greased cookie sheet.I spread a small amount of sauce on each roll and sprinkled on a little cheese.

6. They cooked in about 10 to 15 min. Or until cooked all the way through.

I was very pleased how they turned out. Plus I have some in the freezer for another time. Yeah!
*Other options instead of pizza sauce. Put on olive oil and cheeses. Yum! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment