Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Granola with a tropical twist

I enjoy trying different versions of Granola. This is a new one, I liked. It was a new twist to use the tropical fruit, and to use applesauce instead of oil. :) I loved the tropical blend I used, that had mango, blueberries and cranberries. I also used a 6 grain rolled oats, that I got from Good Earth. It added a lot of great grains. It had red and white wheat, Rye, Barley, Rolled Oats and Sunflower seeds. It tasted great!

3 C. 6 Grain rolled oats or Oatmeal
1/3 C. Applesauce (I got the flavor with cinnamon :)
1/3 C. Water
4 T. Sugar and Cinnamon Blended together
1 C. Cashew pieces
1 C. Dried Tropical blend ( I used the one with Mango, Blueberries, and Cranberries
1/2 C. Unsweetened Coconut flakes

1. Heat oven to 325

2. Mix all the ingredients together.

3. Pour onto cookie sheet. You can use parchment paper.

4. I like to clump it together a little. (I like when it sticks together while baking.) Stir every 10 min. till cooked to desired texture. I like it to be slightly crunchy. :) After it cools store in an air tight container or ziplock bag. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. I am always looking for non oil granola ideas. Can't wait to try this. Thanks. Just found your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete