Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Granola Cookies ( low Gluten )

You have a new thing to use your Homemade Granola for cookies. I had this idea a couple days ago and adapted a recipe. It was fun to have my son come home and love eating the cookie dough. He was scraping the bowl. He is one of my picker eaters. He liked the cookies as well. I was pleased how moist they were. :) They would make a great breakfast on the run.
1/2 C Coconut Oil (Or Canola Oil
1/2 C Sucanat or sweetener of your choice
1/2 C Water
1/2 C Dates
2/3 C Peanut butter
4 T Ground Flax seed *optional
2 T Chia *Optional
1/3 C Water
1 1/2 C Spelt Flour Mix*
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 T Pumpkin Spice
3 C Granola (I used homemade)
1/2 C Dried Fruit* (If you want more)

1. Put Dates and 1/2 C Water in the blender. I let it soak about 15 min. Then I pulsed it till it was liquid. Then pour into mixing bowl.

2. Then add Sucanat, oil, peanut butter,to date mixture. Beat a couple minutes till smooth.

3. Then mix Flax, Chia and 1/3 C water In separate bowl and soak for 1 min. Mix in with the date mixture, until all combined. Then add all the dry ingredients. (You could put in a separate bowl first) Add the granola and *Optional dried fruit.

4. Drop on to cookie Sheet. Bake at 350. Bake 8-10 min. I liked them being a little soft, when I took them out. Don't over bake. :) Healthy too! Made 41 cookies

* I had them for breakfast they were great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment