Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quinoa Fruit Salad

This was a fun change for fruit salad. I liked it. :) This was my own version of a weight watchers recipe I found.

2 C Water
1 C Quinoa, rinsed thoroughly *
1/8t salt
1/3 C fresh mint chopped finely
1/4 C yogurt I used plain with w/ 1 T Honey*
2 T Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
1/2 tsp. orange zest
2 Kiwi, peeled and chopped in small pieces
1 11 oz can mandarin orange (drained)
1 14 oz can pineapple tidbits.
5 strawberries chopped in small pieces
3/4 C. Fresh blueberries

1. Bring water and salt to a boil, add the quinoa. Lower heat simmer till fully cooked about 15 min. Drain and Rinse, set aside.

2.In blender combine mint, yogurt, OJ, and zest. Pulse till blended. I liked having the mint in little specks.

3. Prepare fruit. Mix the fruit with yogurt. Then add the quinoa toss gently.

enjoy
* Quinoa can sometimes have a bitter taste if it is not rinsed off.
*You could use a flavored yogurt as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment