Thursday, August 5, 2010

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

These were some of the best muffins I have made for a while. They were soo moist. My family really liked them. Sometimes when I take out some of the fat, it dries them out. But these turned out great! Low in sugar too.

2 3/4 c. Wheat and oat flour I ground up 3 C. Wheat and 1 C Oat Groats (I had extra)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cardamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Dates pitted
1/2 c. water
2 c. cooked pumpkin
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. Coconut oil
2 eggs

1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.

2. In the blender pulse the dates and water together. Till they form a paste or thick liquid. Add more water if needed to be 1 cup total. Set aside.

3. Mix pumpkin, honey, Coconut oil and eggs together till well blended in a bowl.

4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together till blended. Don't over stir.

5. Scoop batter into greased muffin pan. Bake 350 about 10 min. Don't over bake.

Yields: I made 32 mini muffins

Enjoy! Oh Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment