Wednesday, July 28, 2010

9 Grain Bread

Doesn't that dough look great?

1 1/2 c. uncooked 7 grain cereal
2 c. hot water
1 c. wheat flour
2 T honey
2 T coconut oil or oil of your choice
1 tsp salt

1. Stir together and let sit till water cools, to lukewarm. Then stir in 2 T. Yeast. Let sit till it starts to sponge about 15 min.

2. Then add :

2 eggs
4 c. spelt flour
1 T gluten powder

3. Knead together with your machine, for no more than 4 min. (Spelt flour does not perform well when it is over-kneaded.) Let double in the bowl. I rubbed some oil on it. Cover with a towel.

4. Punch down and form into loaves. I made one 2 lb loaf and about 6 rolls. Let rise until double.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your loaf and your oven. It smelled so good while it was baking. One of my children even mentioned that. The taste was wonderful. Enjoy!


*I used a 7 grain mix I have that has Rye, Barley, Millet, Quinoa, Amaranth, Buckwheat and Oat Groats that I ground into flakes. You can find a variety of grain cereals already flaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment