Thursday, June 24, 2010

Healthy Summer Squash Salad


I have been thinking about eating more raw foods. This is a great time of year to be doing that. I still think cooked foods are good as well. It is just beneficial to eat raw foods too. The thing about raw foods is; I find they fill me up faster, I don't eat as much, and I feel like I have eaten something really healthy. So this salad came as a result of that effort. It was fun to incorporate a lot of good foods together. All the fresh vegetables that are in season came in handy. The fruit and vegetable combo worked for me.

Recipe:
2 yellow squash (cut up in small pieces)
2 Zucchini squash (cut up in small pieces)
1 leek (cut up in small pieces)
1 apple (cut up in small pieces)
7-8 snap peas (broken into small pieces)
1 C. Shredded Chicken ( I added a little bit of barbecue sauce to it.)
1 T Fresh Basil
2 T Fresh Marjoram
1/2 C. Fresh Blueberries
1 C. Fresh Spinach
Yogurt dressing* (Or dressing of your choice)

1. Mix all the ingredients except Blueberries, spinach, and dressing.

2. Then lightly toss in the spinach.

3. Then toss in dressing and put the blueberries on top for a pretty garnish.

4. Salt and pepper to taste.

I felt like I had eaten a really healthy meal after I was done. :) Fast and easy!

* The yogurt dressing was the same one I used on the previous spinach salad. Click on Yogurt Dressing in the ingredient list to be taken to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment