Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Berry Smoothie


I love this time of year. I went on a walk this morning. The colors were wonderful. :) I read an article today about the benefits of smoothies. 1. It helps to take off the pounds. :) 2. Fast and easy so you can take away the hunger pangs fast. 3. Packed with nutrition, if you put in the right ingredients; Like flax, berries, and yogurt. 4. The thickness takes up space in your stomach. Crowding out space for the junk food. 5. The study showed people consumed less calories in the day. The mixture I did was.....

2 C. Plain yogurt (I used the homemade)
3/4 C. Blackberries
3/4 C. Blueberries
6 Frozen Strawberries
1 1/2 Frozen Bananas *
1/4 C. Chia
1/4 C. Flax ground (I use a small coffee grinder)
1 T Xagave or Honey

Throw it all in the blender and turn it on for a couple minutes till all blended. It tasted great. It was filling. Three of us drank one recipe. If you don't want it as thick, you could add 1/2 water.*I peel the bananas and put them in the freezer, in ziplocks. They help to make the drink nice and creamy. :) Smoothies are a family favorite. I enjoy it better than ice cream. Also Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day will make you not as hungry. I try to drink more than 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment