Thursday, December 11, 2014

Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables

It is my sweet husbands birthday today. We met 37 years on his birthday. When we were in high school. I am so glad I found him and feel like he is half of me. I can guess what he is going to say before he even says it. He is a great father and sweet grandpa. I am so glad I found him. I decided it would be fun to make him breakfast. He loved it.

 I was reading a great suggestion of adding vegetables to your diet first thing in the morning to get more vegetables into your daily diet. So that is what I did today. I added to eggs. It was wonderful. I have found that if you prepare vegetables the right way they are very enjoyable to eat. The average American falls short of the amount of vegetables they are suppose to eat in a day. We should be eating 5-10 servings a day. This recipe could make a great dinner as well.

Ingredients

3 T olive oil
1/4 thinly sliced onion
1/4 chopped red pepper (You could use other colors too)
1 clove minced garlic
handful of spinach
4 eggs beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper *optional
grated cheese *optional

Directions

1. Spray pan with non stick cooking spraying. Then pour in oil and heat pan to medium heat.
2. Put in to frying pan onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the spinach and cook a couple minutes.
4. Stir in the eggs, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cook until the eggs are all cooked.
5. Put on grated cheese if desired. Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment