Sunday, September 28, 2014

Crustless Pumpkin Pie (Gluten Free)




Love pumpkin pie. I am not a fan of the crust that comes with it. This is a delicious option, and  the extra bonus is, it's even gluten free. It is creamy and delicious and crustless. Great for the upcoming holidays too.


Ingredients 
 1 15 oz. canned pumpkin
1 C + 2 T almond milk
1/2 C honey
2 eegs
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

Topping

1/2 C chopped up pecans
3 T coconut oil
1/4 C honey
1C old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 C quinoa flour or other whole grain flour * {Or gluten free flour)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves


Directions   Heat oven 350  serves 12

1. Blend in a blender or mixing bowl with a beater pumpkin,milk,honey, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves..
2. Pour pumpkin mixture into greased square pan.
3. In a small bowl mix together pecans, oil, honey, oatmeal, flour, and spices. Stir with a wire whisk, or  stir together with a fork. Stir until all combined.
4. Sprinkle topping evenly on pumpkin mixture.
5. Place pan  in preheated oven. Bake for 50 to 60 min or until knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
6. Take out of oven  and cool on wire rack for 30 min. Cut and serve.
7. You could serve with your favorite topping for pumpkin pie.
8. Store leftovers covered in fridge.
*Choose gluten free flour for gluten free version.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if there was an ingredient missing from the pumpkin layer. I made this today and it didn't turn out. It was just can spiced pumpkin with crumb topping. The topping was good so we picked it off and ate it. I was thinking when I made it that I should add a couple of eggs but I made it by the recipe instead. I'll add eggs if I make it again and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't like it, but I'm glad you at least liked the crust! We enjoyed the moist pumpkin layer. If you want it to be more pie-like (a bit thicker), I'm sure the eggs would be a good addition. You could add two eggs to the batter if desired. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try it with an egg. The topping would be great on spiced apples or mixed fruit.

    ReplyDelete