Thursday, July 20, 2017

Delicious Zucchini(Bread) Waffles (Gluten Free)


It is a wonderful idea to find ways to add vegetables to the foods you make. My daughter was talking to me about the idea of starting at breakfast and adding the vegetables to what you are making. Great way to start your day. So I did that today and they were delicious. I have always loved zucchini bread this is a great way to capture the flavor with out all the sugar. 

You can either use gluten free flour or whole grain. I tried both and they worked great. I have a Cusinart waffle maker that makes them crispy on the outside and soft inside. Yum!!!


Ingredients

1 cup gluten free flour * or whole grain flour
1 1/2 cup water
1 egg
3 Tablespoons of olive oil
3 Tablespoons of coconut sugar or other sweetener
1 cup grated zucchini
2 Tablespoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of chia * optional

Directions serves 2-3

1. Preheat waffle iron and spray with non stick cooking spray.

2. Pour all the ingredients into the bowl and stir just until all mixed.

3. Pour on to hot waffle iron and bake to desired doneness.

4. Take out and enjoy. I have frozen the leftovers and put in toaster when I was ready to eat them. I love them with apricot jam.

* I used gluten free Namaste flour.


4 comments:

  1. There is no zucchini in these waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing my error. Yes there is definitely zucchini in it. I corrected it.

      Delete
  2. I love this. I think I will throw in a little cinnamon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for mentioning that. I did add cinnamon. A little nutmeg would be good too. :)

      Delete