These are a fun tasty snack. They could also be a fun thing to eat for lunch in place of a sandwich. It is a yummy combination of flavors your will love. I love eating peanut butter and jam together on toast. If you love peanut butter and jam sandwiches you will love these. My grandchildren will love them too.
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1 C spelt flour or whole grain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 C honey
1 C creamy peanut butter (natural)
1 tsp vanilla
1 C fruit only (no sugar) jam flavor of your choice
1. In a small bowl mix together oatmeal, flour, and baking powder. Set the bowl aside.
2. In a medium bowl beat together oil, honey, and peanut butter. Then beat in vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
4. Beat or stir in the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until all combined.
5. In an 8 X 8 square pan Scoop in half of the dough. Smooth out on to the bottom of the pan.
6. Then drop spoonfuls of the jam on top of the dough in the pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
7. Drop the remaining dough on top of the jam. In spoonfuls all over. Then spread gently with a butter knife or spatula. Try not to disturb the jam too much.
8. Place in heated oven. Cooking time 20-25 min. or until golden colored. Take out of the oven and let cool for 10 min. It gives the jam a chance to thicken up.
9. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in air tight container.