Monday, August 11, 2014
Frozen Banana Quinoa Bites
It has been a long time since I have had a chocolate covered banana. These little bites brought back fun memories of eating them. It is fun how you can eat certain foods and it can take you back to certain memories. These are yummy protein snack to boost your energy.
2 mashed ripe and soft bananas
1 C cooked quinoa
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 C ground up cashew powder or cashew butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 T honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 T coconut oil
1/4 C dark chocolate chips
1 T coconut oil
1/4 C cashews chopped up
Directions Makes about 10
1. In a medium sized bowl blend together, bananas, quinoa, oatmeal and cashews.
2. Then stir in vanilla, honey, cinnamon, and oil.
3. Put in freezer or fridge for about 20 min to harden up.
4.Take out of fridge or freezer and form into balls.
5. Place back in the freezer to harden about 30 min
6. In the meantime soften the chips and stir in the oil. Place in fridge to thicken a little.
7. Take the bites and the chocolate out of the fridge.
8. Roll the bites in the chocolate and then the nuts.
9. Place on greased cookie sheet or flat pan.
10. Once they are frozen eat and store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.