Friday, June 13, 2014

Berry Good Muesli Yogurt

Picture taken before I stirred in the blueberries.

So I had a happy memory the other day. I remembered I used to make this for my family years ago. Back then I didn't know about chia so that wasn't in it. A dear friend gave me this idea and we really enjoyed it. It is fun to have those flashbacks. Food can bring back many sweet memories. I hope you enjoy it too. It would make a great 4th of July breakfast. Enjoy your family and friends this weekend. Make it a good one.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mother. I would not be the same person with out her influence. She has always been there to serve me when I needed her. One of the sweet things about her is she always looks at the bright side of life and enjoys the little things. She is going through a hard year with out my Dad and she is handling amazingly well. Our families lives are blessed because of her. Her energy is amazing. She runs circles around me.  You are the best Mom. I love you dearly.

Happy time in Hawaii a couple years ago.




Ingredients

2/3 C plain yogurt
1/3 C old fashioned oatmeal
2 T chia
2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
cut up fruit
3 or 4 strawberries
1/4 C blueberries
1/2 banana cut up

Directions serves 1

1. Mix the yogurt, oatmeal, chia and honey together in a small bowl. Cover and put in the fridge over night. (You can skip the overnight if you don't have time. There is just added nutrition if you do. )
2. The next morning fold in your fruit and voila! You have a delicious breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment