1 C dark chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
Assorted fruit (We used strawberries, kiwi, bananas, and apples. And a few almonds)
Almonds, crushed (optional)
1 tsp Peanut (optional) mixed in with the chocolate. Will make it less smooth.
1. Cut fruit into heart shapes, if desired, or slice thin. (For the apples, we just left them in slices.)
banana cut into hearts--take off the sides until it makes a point, then take a triangle out of the top2. Place fruit on parchment paper into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, until chilled throughout.
3. Prepare another cookie sheet with parchment paper for finished chocolates.
4. Melt chocolate chips gradually, being careful not to overheat.
5. Mix in coconut oil. This makes it a little smoother and more like dipping chocolate.
6. Dip in fruit, covering entirely. Let the excess chocolate drip off. If desired, roll the fruit in the crushed almonds. Place fruit on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep chilled until ready to serve.