Friday, October 4, 2013

Einkorn Bread

 It was a lot of fun to try out a new grain. My brother got all excited about this grain,
and kept asking me if I had tried it out.  So I did and was very pleased with the results. It is not gluten free but it is a lighter gluten than the normal wheat. I had a friend tell me she doesn't digest wheat well, but was able to digest this. So you can give it a try. I was pleased how light things were making it all whole grain.

 I got some free boxes of Einkorn Wheat Berries to try. I am not being paid to review this product.  I made the bread recipe that is right on the box/ It  is super easy recipe. Whips up quick. It is a nice 100% whole grain bread. It was nice and dense the way I like it. I loved the flour it was lighter than normal wheat flour. No excuse to not make bread when it is this easy. :)

Easy 100% Whole Wheat Einkorn Bread

2 1/2 C  warm water
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb wheat berries ground into flour

2 T honey   

Directions: Heat oven to 375
1. In a glass bowl pour in warm water and dry yeast. Let sit until bubbly for about 10 min.
2. Then pour yeast mixture and all the rest of the ingredients into bread mixer. Mix it up until all blended with a spatula about 3 min. The dough will be like a thick muffin mix.
3. Pour into a greased 8x4 loaf pan. Smooth out the top and let rise covered about 30 min.
4. Place in oven and cook about 35 min or until done.
5. Serve hot with honey butter yum. 



No comments:

Post a Comment