Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Turkey Spinach Artichoke-Dip Casserole (healthier)

I cleaned out my freezer yesterday. It is sometimes hard to keep everything organized in there. Especially when I put things in zip locks and containers. It felt good to clean things up. I thought it would be good to use up some frozen spinach and turkey that I had in the freezer. It was nice to feed it to my family for dinner and have them enjoy eating it. I did a spin off of this recipe. It was a great way to have my family eat spinach.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup cashew pieces
2 C water
1 3/4 C cooked brown rice
2 C cooked turkey diced
1 1/2 C artichoke hearts chopped up
1 1b frozen spinach drained (as much liquid as possible squeezed out)  
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese

Directions: Heat oven to 300
1. Put cashews and water in microwave proof container and heat in the microwave 1 min. You could soak in the water for 2 hours ahead if you have time. Take out of the microwave and then pour into the blender and blend until creamy.
2. In an oven proof dish  pour in all the ingredients. Save out 1/2 of the cheese. Stir until all combined.
3. Spread reamining cheese over the top.
4. Bake for 30 min or until all the liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted.  Serve hot. My son was enjoying having it on crackers too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment