Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eating Vegetables and Fruit





What you do in the Summertime. We are almost to Summer. I have been reading the importance of getting a minimum  of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. Only one out of three people get that many.

I love all the health benefits you get from fruits and vegetables. :) It is good to eat a variety because they all have different benefits. One easy way to get a variety of nutrients is to get a variety of colors. There a great variety this time of year. So enjoy it. A new thing I learned is dark leafy greens like spinach can help in eye health. Interesting! 

It's important to make them easier to eat. One thing I am working on is to have them cut up in the fridge ready to eat. I know that I am apt to eat them more often that way. My son loves them with dip. That is an option too. I find that fruits and vegetables fill me up longer and I don't crave the unhealthy foods as much.    

Vegetable Dip

Ingredients
1 package of hidden valley buttermilk dressing
2 C plain yogurt

Directions
Mix together and eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment