Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Granola that Clumps together

I hope that you are enjoying this season of giving Thanks! It is a nice time of the year to think of all the things I am grateful for.

I made this granola and was really happy with it. I love how it clumped together. I know it was a winner when my son eats it. He has already had 2 bowl fulls.My husband and son both love eating cold cereal. I love when they eat a healthy version. It is nice to make food that we all enjoy. :) Success! I tried something new and added some fresh nutmeg. Delicious!

Ingredients:

2/3 C honey
1/2 C coconut oil

3 C old fashioned oatmeal
1 C almonds chopped up coarse
1/4 C sesame seeds
1 C sunflower seeds
1 C unsweetened coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg

* dried fruit optional raisins, dates, craisins etc..

Directions: Heat oven to 250
1. Melt the honey and oil together in a small bowl. On the stove or in the microwave. Set it aside.

2. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl together. Pour in the honey mixture. Stir till all combined. 

3. Put a parchment paper on 1 cookie sheet.  Pour the granola on to cookie sheet. It will be thick. 

4. Place in the oven. Bake 30 min. Stir a couple times during cooking time.  

5. Let cool on the counter and store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment