Monday, June 18, 2012

Parmesan Red Potatoes

I hope you had a wonderful Father's day weekend. We did! It is wonderful to honor the wonderful Father's in our lives. I would not be the same person with out there influence in my life. I am so grateful to have a husband that balances out the parenting of our children with his great qualities. We have different strengths and that really helps to keep our children more balanced. It is has been a transition having only one child living at home. We enjoy lots of visits from our other children. There always seems to be something going on.

I took my youngest son to get his license last week. The last of 7 children. Hooray! I remember when I took our first one. I remember wondering if there was someone I could hire to help, when I was getting the driving hours with my first daughter. It was a whole new world teaching someone to drive.  We have learned a lot along the way. (Maybe a few gray hairs because of it)  I am very happy to have them all licensed. It has really cut down on my drive time, now that my son can drive himself. Life is full of changes.   

This is a recipe I made for yesterdays "Fathers Day Feast". It was a yummy addition to our meal. 

Ingredients:
1 to 2 lbs small red potatoes (I got a bag of already washed ones)
1/3 C olive oil
1 to 2 tsp Italian seasonings
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
2-3 garlic cloves minces
1/3 C Parmesan cheese

Directions: Heat oven to 375
1. Cut washed potatoes into quarters. Toss in 9x13 glass pan. Pour the oil onto the potatoes and and toss them until they are all covered with oil.

2. In a small bowl combine Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, and cheese. Stir them all together.

3. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes. Toss until they are all covered.

4. Place in hot oven and cook till tender. about 30 min. I covered it with foil the last 5-10 min to get the potatoes soft in the middle. Stir the mixture in the middle of the cooking time to get even cooking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment