Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WholeGrain Almond and Fruit Yogurt Muffins

I made these yesterday for my family for breakfast. They were fast and easy to make and I like that. It was fun to put the homemade yogurt into them that I made over the weekend. Store bought will work too. You can switch them up by adding whatever fruit you have on hand. I used some dried blueberries that I had. :) I loved the almond flavoring in them too. It a great way to give your family some nutrition for their day.

Ingredients: 
3 C whole grain flour (I ground up kamut, spelt, oats and brown rice)
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
6 T coconut oil
2 large eggs
2/3 honey or 3/4 if you want it sweeter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 C plain yogurt
1/4 C finely ground almonds
3/4 C dried fruit or fresh (I used dried blueberries)


Directions: Heat oven to 350 make 12 large muffins or lots of mini
1. In a bowl measure and stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set it aside.

2. In a mixing bowl beat together the oil, eggs and honey add the vanilla and almond extract. Then mix in the yogurt. Stir in the dry ingredients. and fold in the fruit and nuts.

3. Grease muffin pans and scoop in the batter. Place in oven. Bake for about 20-25 min for large and 10 to 15 for minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment