Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pinapple Mango Salmon with Brown Rice

This is another great way to eat fish. I must admit I like to find ways to add something more to my fish. This is what I came up with last night. It is a wonderful time of year to to get fresh pineapples and mangoes. I bought for fresh pineapples the other day. They have been so sweet. :) I love this time of year when we start getting a better variety of fruit.

Ingredients:

3 to 4 salmon fillets (small ones)
2-3 T coconut oil or other oil
2 T honey
2 T mustard
1/2C to 3/4C fresh cut up pineapple
1/2 C fresh orange juice
1/2 C to 3/4 C fresh mango
3to 4 C cooked brown rice or other whole grain.

Directions:

1. Heat up skillet. Pour in oil and let it heat up. Medium heat

2. Brush mustard on the fish.(Mine was still frozen)

3. Stir honey in with oil. Place fish in pan. Fry on both sides. Till cooked.

4. Pour in the pineapple and orange juice. Put on the lid and let heat up about 5 min.

5. Put in in mango last, and serve over a bed of brown rice. :)

*You could also wrap them in foil and cook them on the barbeque.

No comments:

Post a Comment