Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Green Berry Smoothie


Here is another breakfast option. We have this a lot. It is a great way to get a lot of nutrition in one glass. Using frozen fruits and vegetables makes a big difference. You can add other ingredients as well.

Ingredients: Makes 2-4 servings

3-4 C kefir or milk of your choice (almond milk)
1 C frozen berries (I use blueberries or boysenberries most of the time)
1 C frozen spinach (I buy it already frozen much cheaper :)
1 to 1 1/2 frozen banana (adds creaminess)
2-4 T flax
2 T chia
4 T coconut oil *optional
1 T whey protein powder * optional
1tsp cinnamon (today I tried pumpkin spice yum!)
(and whatever else you want to throw in)

Directions:

1. I pour the kefir in first and then the other ingredients follow. I use my bosh blender and it blends it all up with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment