Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Salmon with Boysenberry Jalapeno Sauce

I am always looking for new ways to eat Salmon. I have found I enjoy it more when there is some added flavors to it. I had never had it with berries before so I decided to give it a try. I was happy with the end result. It was a nice meal and the family enjoyed ti as well. I like finding nice ways to eat salmon. Salmon is a great source for Vitamin D. :) You get a nice combination of sweet and spicy with this recipe.

Ingredients:
4 Salmon fillets about 1 lb
2-3 T Oil I used coconut oil
3/4 C boysenberries or black berries
1 T honey
1/2 fresh jalapeno diced small pieces
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions: Feeds 4

1. Heat skillet on Medium heat. Put in oil and heat. Place the salmon in the pan grill on both sides till nicely cooked.

2. In the meantime while fish is frying. Heat up the berries, honey and jalapeno. Stir until the berries are broken down a little bit. Then pour the sauce on top of the fish and put the lid on top of the frying pan. Turn to low and let cook a couple minutes. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment