Friday, June 24, 2011

Ginger Mahi Mahi Glazed



Oh, I can't get enough of this time of year. I have spent a lot of time being outside this week. It is so nice to have it warm again, and the blue sky, and sunshine are fantastic. Every morning I wake up and see blue sky it makes me want to sing. There is something peaceful about the summer morning they invigorate me. I enjoy getting up early to enjoy them. It is a great time of year.
This was also part of the Father's Day feast. I went all out. My husband is a sweetie, and always makes an amazing feast for Mother's Day, so I wanted to make a nice meal for him as well. This marinade could be used on any kind of fish. I think the marinade adds to the fish experience. It also helps to have my family more interested in eating it, and that is a good thing too. :)

Ingredients:
1/4 C honey
4 T balsamic vinegar or plain vinegar
1/4 C soy sauce
1 T grated ginger or 2 tsp dried ginger
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 T olive oil
4-6 6 oz Mahi Mahi fillets

Directions:
1. In a bowl or blender blend up the marinade.

2. I then put the fish in a large zip lock, and poured the marinade on top.

3. I started it 24 hours ahead of time. I shook up the bag a couple times during the 24 hour period.

4. Heat up a barbecue or skillet (put in a little oil to help it not to stick) Bake 5-7 min on each side.
5. You could heat up the remaining marinade in a saucepan, and add 1 T Of thickener (cornstarch or Ultra gel) and serve it over the fish or rice.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment